Friday 25 March 2011

Final 3D Walk Cycle




Here is my final 3D walk. I enjoyed doing this but it was one of the most frustrating things to do. Some animation I find a bit frustrating to do, but most of the time it is frustrating trying to learn the software and it can take ages to work out a simple procedure until you know how. I know there are mistakes in my animation, especially where I have joined the walk cycles together after stopping. I already know that I can improve and speed up what I have done. I would benefit from doing the tutorials again now I know more about Maya.


3D Walk Cycle Research




The 3D walk cycle brief was to interact with the environment. I decided to have ‘him’ walk forwards, stop, interact with an object and then walk on.  I did research for this 3D walk by filming myself pushing a box out the way with my foot. I built up a very simple environment like a street made up of cubes. I would like to have made something more complex with textures, but this was beyond the remit of this brief.
The tutorials were very helpful and made me realize how much there is to think about and so many small adjustments to be made. I much preferred the Digital Tutors as it was video based learning that I found much easier than the book. I also thought the rig was easier to use as a beginner. The rig could not do as much but at this stage of learning this made it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment