Friday 25 March 2011

Final 2D Personality Walk




Attempted Improvment of 2D Personality Walk




Final 2D Walk





These are my final 2D walk cycles. The lowest video is just a walk across screen, with no emotion. This was just a practice to develop my understanding of a walk cycle.
When I had my Formative assessment Dan suggested some improvements to my walk cycle with emotion. He suggested trying a bit more follow through and slightly adjusting the cycle so that it is not all exactly the same. I also could have copied and pasted the drawing to keep them more consistent. I had a go at trying to improve the walk cycle; it did not go very well. (This middle video is how I tried to improve my walk cycle).  When I copied and pasted the components it looked better, but the actual cycle did not have the same feel of emotion and would not repeat properly. In the end I gave up as it was not going well. I intend to revisit this again when I have more time.
This is my final walk across screen with emotion. I still think this conveys emotion better than the other animations, although it lacks the consistency of drawing. The walk is a direct, forthright and angry walk. I am pleased with the feel of the walk but would like to improve my technique. I might try and animate in Maya using the 2D perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment